How to make coffee with an AeroPress using the 'inverted' method. This recipe makes one cup of coffee.
You will need:
Some delicious coffee (we like a good single origin coffee for this) + Water + An AeroPress + A filter (you can use paper or metal) + Spoon + Scales (optional but handy).
- Using a paper filter? Place it in the cap of your AeroPress, wet it and set it aside. Place the plunger into the main tube so it forms a seal. The plunger should be on the bottom and the main chamber on top and open.
- Put a scoop of medium ground coffee (18g) in your AeroPress.
- Pour water (just off the boil) onto the grounds until the AeroPress is full to about an inch from the top (200ml).
- Gently stir to make sure all the grounds are wet, place the cap on and wait two minutes.
- Hold a mug over the top of the AeroPress and flip both so that you now have the AeroPress on top of the mug on your bench and everything is the right way up.
- Slowly push down on the plunger until you hear a hiss.
- Top up your mug of coffee with some hot water (dilute to taste) and enjoy!
Want to take your AeroPress coffee-making to the next level?