We're big fans of the AeroPress here at Bad Hand. Not only can you get some great results at home, its innovative design means it's much easier to clean than a cafetière.
New to AeroPress? We have a step-by-step guide and recipe here.
AeroPress: 6 tips for taking it to the next level
• Preheat your AeroPress: To keep it warmer for longer
• Slow it down: Don't be tempted to push down too fast or hard or you'll make a mess
• Sort your positioning: It'll be easier to plunge if you have your elbow directly above the AeroPress as you push down
• Ch-check it: Weigh your coffee and water for more consistent results every time
• Use fresh coffee: Medium ground, about the size of table salt
• Water quality matters: Use filter water (from a Brita jug or similar is fine) to help bring more flavour out
Fun fact: Inventor and engineer Alan Adler (of Aerobie Pro frisbee fame, no less) designed The AeroPress coffee maker in 2005.